We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization on a mission to “Refuel the Human-Animal Connection” in the Syracuse area through community outreach and educational programming, while advocating for pit bulls and other misunderstood breeds.
- Provide free training to City of Syracuse residents who own pit bulls or closely related breeds
- Offer free humane education at community centers, schools, and public service agencies
- Advocate for abused pit bull type dogs through reward funds and awareness
- Connect the community with other animal welfare services and resources
- Ensure the media accurately portrays pit bull type dogs
- A reduction in the number of pit bull type dogs in animal shelters
- An increase in the number of pit bull type dogs that are adopted
- A decrease in euthanasia rates
- A reduction in dog fighting
OUR ENVISIONED FUTURE
- A more humane community that treats people and animals with dignity and respect
- Citizens that are respectful, empathetic, kind, tolerant, and socially responsible
“Over a million pit bulls are euthanized each year. That is over 2,800 dogs killed each day.” Don’t Take PITy. Take Action.